Family Self-Sufficiency Program (FSS)
What is the Family Self-Sufficiency Program?
The FSS program is a voluntary program for participants in both the Housing Choice Voucher and the Public Housing programs. The purpose of this program is to assist individuals in improving their economic status by reducing their dependence on public assistance.
What are the benefits of this program?
By participating in the FSS program, you receive the opportunity to:
- RECEIVE A ESCROW SAVINGS ACCOUNT
- CAREER PLANNING/JOB TRAINING
- COMPLETION OF HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR G.E.D.
- HOME OWNERSHIP COUNSELING
- REFERRALS TO SUPPORTIVE SERVICES
How can I participate?
To enroll in this program, you must:
- HAVE A HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER OR LIVE IN THE HOUSING AUTHORITY'S PUBLIC HOUSING.
- BE IN GOOD STANDING WITH THE HOUSING AUTHORITY.
- HAVE A DESIRE TO ACCOMPLISH YOUR PERSONAL GOALS.
- YOU MUST BE WILLING TO MEET WITH A CASE MANAGER.
- WHO DO I CONTACT TO LEARN MORE?
Felix Makachia - FSS Coordinator/Program Manager
Kansas City, MO 64106